Updated: August 27, 2020
Indiana Department of Health: Contact Tracing
You should program the contract tracing phone number into your phone. This will help ensure that you know who is calling in the event that you become a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and need to quarantine. The numbers are (877) 548-3444 & (833) 670-0067.
A Modified Start
Returning to campus will certainly be a new challenge which will require selflessness, additional personal precautions and a change to most of your “norms.” These short term modifications increase the likelihood of a more near term return to normal. It will require your active and vigilant participation and adherence to these guidelines and to be the leaders, within your facility and on campus, to slow the spread and decrease exposure for this disease.
- Limit chapter house access to tenants only.
- Only tenants should be in the building. No out of house members or guests should be allowed. Credentials for non-tenant members have been disabled to prevent unauthorized access to the building.
- For your safety, and the the safety of our trusted vendor partners, we are restricting access to vendors who are providing essential services only. Non-essential maintenance requests and repairs will be deferred until a later date. During required maintenance visits we are asking our vendors to wear a mask, minimize tenant interaction, and limit their time within the facility.
- Create schedules for shared areas of the building to limit the number of tenants in these areas at any one time
- Kitchen/meal prep areas
- Laundry facilities
- Study rooms
- Meal service (where applicable)
- Communal bathrooms/showers
If you have any questions or if we can support you or your chapter living experience differently, please let us know via the Tenant Portal.
CLEANING YOUR CHAPTER FACILITY
Your help is required to to ensure you are taking the recommended approaches that the CDC has provided to control the spread of this virus. It will require you and your housemates to clean and sanitize the building throughout the day, everyday. A daily cleaning schedule should be created by your House Manager to ensure that the house is cleaned and sanitized. The schedule should ensure that high touch areas and frequently used surfaces such as tables, door handles/push areas and light switches are cleaned multiple times a day.
The simplest things you can personally do to is:
- Wear a mask when you leave your room, you are in the shared areas of the building, and when you are in the kitchen/dinning areas of the facility.
- Wash your hands regularly, but especially before eating or touching your face and after contact with high touch surfaces. Use sanitizer when soap is not available.
- Social distance yourself from others. Maintain at least 6 feet between you and other tenants in the building (and in other public areas when you have to go out).
We have asked our cleaning crews to sanitize all door handles, crash bars and light switches during their regular visits. We need you and your chapter members to do this throughout the day, everyday.
- Ball State University:
- Self-Reporting Portal – If you have been tested anywhere besides Ball Memorial Hosptial or the Ball State Health Center, you should fill this out.
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- Ball State Coronavirus Hub
- Indiana State Department of Health:
- Center for Disease Control
Returning to campus may create some additional stress in your life. This is normal and even expected. Mental health is even more important today and in this situation than ever and you should focus on taking care of your WHOLE self.
Stay healthy, physically and mentally, and check in with each other. Be your Brothers keeper. Be kind to each other and your fellow classmates who are all experiencing this differently and need your support. If you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed, Ball State has excellent free and confidential counseling services (https://www.bsu.edu/campuslife/counselingcenter).